- This type of flashcard is useful for learning to spell names of objects with the help of pictures. A sound file is recommended in case the user doesn't know what the name of the picture is.
- The sound file will play automatically when each card is displayed and you can also click on the sound icon to hear it again.
- There are five different levels.
- Level 0 just displays the card with the answer already filled in (can be used to review the cards)
- Level 1 separates the answer into one input field for each character and fills in all but one character.
- Level 2 separates the answer into one input field for each character and fills in half of the character.
- Level 3 separates the answer into one input field for each character and fills in one third of the character.
- Level 4 separates the answer into one input field for each character and leaves them all blank.
- Level 5 displays one blank input field for the answer
- Once the user has filled in the answer or has given up, the <Next> button must be pressed to continue.
- If the answer was wrong, the wrong answer count will be incremented, the flashcard will stay on the stack of flashcards, and the correct answer will be displayed in the blank with a red background. The user must press <next> to advance to the next flashcard.
- If the answer was correct, the right answer count will be incremented, the flashcard will be removed from the stack and the next flashcard will be displayed.
- Once all the flashcards are removed from the stack, the Congratulations screen will be displayed.
- The user can either press Quit to go back to Start Flashcards selection screen or press Restart to start over from the beginning.